Care & Maintenance
Satin Stone Surfaces are very easy to care for and maintain. Simple soap and warm water are all that is usually necessary for cleaning. In addition, treated surfaces will exhibit enhanced scratch, stain and etch resistant but are not heat, scratch, stain or etch proof. Therefore, the use of trivets or hot pads is recommended when cutting or placing hot pans on the surface and spills should be cleaned up in a reasonable time frame.
For routine cleaning simply wash with a soft cloth and warm water, use a mild dish or hand soap if desired. You can use mild dish or hand soap if desired. Some recommended soap products include:
- Dawn Ultra Concentrated Dishwashing Liquid
- Dawn Ultra Antibacterial Dishwashing Liquid
- Dial Complete Antibacterial Foaming Hand Wash
- J.R. Watkins Dish Soap
- J.R. Watkins Hand Soap
- Palmolive Ultra Concentrate
- Palmolive Ultra Antibacterial Dish Liquid
If you have difficulties with dry or wet spills and desire to use a more aggressive cleaner, the following products are recommended:
- Miracle Counter Kleen
- Simple Green D Pro 3 Cleaner
- Simple Green Extreme Clean
- Windex Multi surface w/out vinegar
- Formula 409 daily cleaner
- coPure EP64 Neutral PH Cleaner
- Clorox Anywhere (Hard Surfaces)
- Fabuloso Multipurpose Cleaner
- Joy Ultra Concentrate Antibacterial
- Mr. Clean Multi-surface wipes
- Pledge Multi-surface Cleaner
Avoid using any variation from the products listed above, as most brands have multiple variations of product types that may include chemicals or additives that could damage the surface.
For cleaning difficult spills, apply the recommended household cleaner on a damp cloth or sponge and wipe the surface, rinsing thoroughly with water after cleaning. To remove adhered material such as food, gum, nail polish, etc. first scrape away the excess material and then proceed to clean the surface as stated above.
DO NOT use abrasive materials, cleaners containing abrasives (such as Soft Scrub) or strong alkaline or acid cleaners (outside of 5-8 PH) as they may damage the surface.
An occasional application of Lemon Clean Pledge may be used to restore water beading and luster to your countertops. It also provides extra protection against acid etching of limestone, travertine, and concrete.
Our factory applied SatinStone™ sealers will provide the follow added benefits:
- Enhanced stain/scratch resistance
- Little to no maintenance aside from routine cleaning
- No annual re-sealing
- Ease of cleaning